Saturday, October 23, 2021

To do: Time & Date

So, time and date functions for Egel. Probably these should come in the form of built-in primitives since you want to be able to natively parse and format them. Following the rule: lift C++ to Egel I am looking at that but find it hard, there's some kind of impedance mismatch going on I find hard to place.

There's just too much going on. Conceptually, C++17 onwards has clocks, time points, and durations. The time points and durations are tied to any of the (five or something) clocks. There's also time_t which is the old unix epoch time I estimate - I gathered I would drop this. Then time points and durations can be expressed in types varying between years to nanoseconds.

A bit hard to disentangle and match to combinators. 


No comments:

Post a Comment