Saturday, July 23, 2022

Musings on Bell

"Why is a raven like a writing-desk?" So, I've officially joined the ranks of online science cranks with some musings on Bell's inequalities. I am actually pretty much a firm believer in his result, but it was a thought I wanted to expand somewhat further.

I've been right and wrong in the past. I was using a linear transformation from digital circuits to CNF in SAT solving and was pointing out that years before other people noticed that existed, turns out it was a rediscovery of Tseitin mid-sixties; I pointed out that all you need for embedding an impure program into a pure language is a form of composition, so the natural choice for that would be function composition over monads, and Haskell programmers are using applicatives instead. Then a host of small and big views on compiler construction, often as right as they were wrong.

So, the QM thing started off with the notion 'what if superposition is a form of oscillation?' Turns out that doesn't matter much and you need to prove Bell 'wrong' in both cases. A pretty tall order. Especially since this is way out of my field.

But I decided to write it down anyway, maybe it goes somewhere:
https://twitter.com/egel_language/status/1550579321160491013

No comments:

Post a Comment