Monday, December 5, 2016

Log 120516

I am tinkering along to get operator support into the language. I once decided that the syntax to code generation part and the VM should be logically separate modules. That now leads to the slightly puzzling situation that I need to inform both parts of predefined operators separately, which isn't very satisfying.

Moreover, I today realized that a simple scheme I wanted to support, just toss in an async combinator through an external library, won't work. That doesn't imply that there isn't another trivial solution but it probably won't be as pretty as, for example, Javascript does it. Ah well.

Ah. I looked that up. Ascync/await will probably work. A bit error prone but, ah well, I am on the edge with an untyped language anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment