Friday, July 28, 2017

Log 072817

I implemented some things - an environment variable for the include path, a build script, conversion routines, a prelude file - and debugged those. I failed to find a compiler switch to solve a problem with late resolution in shared libraries, solved it in another manner, and found the compiler switch later anyway.

Almost all functionality is there except for assignment. I first thought I would implement assignment on global variables only but it dawned on me that I have been wrong: it should be possible to have assignment on local variables also. I need the computation graph to be acyclic, but it looks it is sufficient to have assignment on variables only; as long as I don't update fields that should satisfy the constraint too.

Maybe take a small break and think on that. I hope I don't need a complete overhaul.

No comments:

Post a Comment