Sunday, July 30, 2017

Log 073017

I hardly needed to debug the Unicode bug, it seemed to have been a simple matter of using UChar instead of UChar32 which I noticed after just glancing over the code. The floating point bug was just a matter of setting the precision right on the output stream. Still took me about four or five hours; not sure why, I might have been unmotivated.

I cleaned up some example code. There's still a lot of stuff to implement, none of the basic libraries are up to par, I lack proper text handling primitives and I need to add concurrency.

Moreover, of course, Python is still the better tool because of OO. But I got variables, which means mutable state. I might be able to support a trivial OO model? Unsure. Then again, mutable state is already more than most small lambda calculus based OO encodings... Lots to do. I think I'll go for concurrency first, that seems the most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment